Monday, December 19, 2011

Pumpkin carving

I have more pictures and events to blog about than I know what to do with, so my strategy at this point is to get the "easy" posts done as I have time, and then chip away at the epic posts (i.e. Disney World) when I am a little more motivated to tackle them.

So, back to Halloween...

Pumpkin carving with kids always sounds like more fun than it actually turns out to be. This year, Alex was very excited for me to open his pumpkin, then he took one look inside and emphatically stated, "I am not touching that."


Isaac, on the other hand, dug right in. Problem was, he didn't get the concept of actually removing the pumpkin guts. Instead, he found it much more exciting to pull out a handful of slimy pumpkin only to immediately throw it back in, then he would applaud himself for making a "basket".

Once Mommy had done all of the dirty work and removed the guts, Alex went to town with a Sharpie marker and sketched the face that he wanted me to carve out. He was very proud of his design.

Sad pumpkin :(.

(And here's a gratuitous shot of Mommy's little Zombie and littler Astronaut.)

No comments: