Friday, June 26, 2009

zoos and news

We've had a really busy weekend; however, we had a busy weekend last weekend and I have yet to blog about it. So, first things first.

Leah and Chris were in Eldo and lookin' to get the heck out of dodge, so they headed up to see us on Saturday afternoon. We grabbed dinner at a fun place called Cowboy Chow, and decided that we would play hookey from church on Sunday morning to go to the zoo.

Sunday was Father's Day (happy belated, to those dads I forgot to acknowledge), so Alex and I ran out early and got Dunkin Donuts coffee, a free latte for dad, and donuts for breakfast while Tim slept in, and Alex gave him a handmade card and a guitar magazine when he got up.

After a leisurely breakfast, we got ready and headed to the zoo. A and I go to the zoo all of the time, but there were a lot of animals there that we hadn't seen before. For example, have you ever seen a vulture up close? I don't know if you know this, but vultures are the wierdest, creepiest, and most fascinating birds that ever lived, with their white eyes and wrinkly faces and bizarre, dangly...appendage thingies hanging from their chests. Which is why I took so many pictures of them. That, and my dad was nice enough to lend me his Nikon D70 and zoom lens for a while, and I was pretty much in hog heaven. Between Leah and I, we have about a zillion pictures over two days, and I've tried to narrow it down to the "best" ones, posted below.



And while all of that zoo stuff is very interesting, the real news came a day after Chris and Leah left. They's havin' a baby!!! Yup, Leah and Chris are preggers, and Alex is gonna have a little baby cousin next February. We are so excited!! Time to start your baby blog, Leah!

No comments: