Saturday, April 16, 2011

God is not a couch potato

Alex and I have had a lot of profound theological discussions lately. Tonight, we covered this compelling topic:

Are there TV's in heaven?

A: Are there TV's in heaven?
Me: Ummm...I don't think so, buddy.
A: Well, how do you know there aren't TV's in heaven if you haven't been there?
Me: Good point. I guess there could be TV's in heaven.
A: What does God like to watch on TV? He probably doesn't watch Thomas movies...
Me: Even if there are TV's in heaven, I don't think God is sitting around watching TV. He's very busy and has a lot more important things to do than watch movies all day. God is not a couch potato.
A: Ha ha, couch potato......are there couches in heaven?
Me: Probably not, because like I said, God doesn't sit around watching TV.
A: You can still be a couch potato if you're sitting on the floor.
Me: Touché.

No comments: