Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Cards & Poor Planning

I decided it would be a good idea to design my own Christmas card this year, which was great in theory...until I looked over our list to see how many cards we'd need to send out. I quickly realized that designing my own card was neither cost nor time-efficient, seeing as how I'd have to take them to Kinko's to be printed for $.50 a card, I'd have to pay for the cardstock to print them on, the envelopes to send them in, and the postage to mail them with, not to mention the fact that I'd have to trim each card by hand, which comes to five cuts per page times...a whole heck of a lot of pages....Long story short, I scrapped the idea and went with an old standby from Walgreen's, which many of you have received or will receive in your mailbox, hopefully before Christmas day.

That said, just for my own peace of mind, I decided to share what would have been our card this year, had I an unlimited supply of time, money, and Exacto blades.

We had snow - yes, snow - in Dallas a few weeks ago, and I bundled A up so he could go out and enjoy what might be his only chance to play in snow this year. Of course I went with camera in tow, thinking maybe I could get a Christmas card worthy photo out of the deal. Aside from his goofy outfit (from the waist down, in particular, which fortunately got cropped out of the Walgreen's card), those three were my favorites.

Below are the ones that didn't make the cut, but I think they're all priceless in their own special way.

1 comment:

momboe said...

I find a NEW favorite picture every time. Merry Christmas!