Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cravings

On a Sunday night a few months ago, we decided to go out to dinner. I suggested we go to Buffalo Wild Wings, to which Timothy responded with a baffled look and a concerned "Are you feeling okay?" It's not that me having a jones for buffalo wings is that unusual, but rather, the fact that my craving for wings was strong enough that I would be willing to suffer through a meal at Buffalo Wild Wings to get them. To put it mildly, I hate Buffalo Wild Wings, with a loathing that only rivals my disdain for Crocs and drivers who don't enter the intersection while waiting to turn left on green. Wretched service, overpriced and underflavored food, and an ambiance that lacks the slightest bit of character don't exactly light my fire. Nonetheless, it was the quickest and easiest fix for my wing craving, so that's where went.

And yes, it was as bad as I expected it to be. However, the experience did second a notion I had been having over the previous couple of weeks - I needed to take a pregnancy test.

Which I did. And it was positive. So there you have it! We are pregnant with Evans baby #2! And pregnancy cravings are the only reason I would willingly eat at Buffalo Wild Wings!

While this announcement might come as a surprise to some of you, our families have actually known about our news since I was 6 weeks along, which was...almost 11 weeks ago. I am 17 weeks today, due on June 12, 2010, and the main reason we haven't "officially" let the cat out of the bag is because I miscarried last March at 11 weeks, so we just wanted to ride things out for a while until we felt comfortable letting the world know what was going on. (And just for the record, I neglected to mention the miscarriage on the blog only because the subject seems to make other people uncomfortable, not because I am uncomfortable talking about it. We are totally at peace with it, and I don't have a problem discussing my experience at all.)

That said, everything has gone smoothly so far, and we have our "big" sonogram on Friday, January 8, when we will hopefully be learning the sex of baby #2. I considered waiting until the following week to announce the pregnancy and the sex in the same post, but I was afraid that would blow some minds, and I'd rather not be liable for that.

As you may have noticed, I have been a total slacker about blogging, and that's because A) raising a "spirited" two-year old while pregnant is exhausting, and if the choice is to sleep or to blog, sleep will always come out on top, and B) I am in week 17 and the nausea has yet to yield, so I rarely feel like doing anything productive these days (unless you consider sleeping to be "productive"). However, now that the cat is out of the bag, I am really going to make an effort to keep my people in the know, especially because this poor baby has gotten less fetus-time on the blog in four months than Alex got in the first week. On that note, I'll share a couple of sonogram pics from two previous appointments, just to try to redeem myself a little.

5 comments:

Emily said...

YEA!!! So happy and so excited for you guys! And yes, sleeping/napping is being productive (especially being pregnant), says the mother of 2 little girls, who still tries to squeeze in as many naps in as she can. :) Congratulations!

Joy said...

Sleeping is DEFINITELY productive. Don't ever believe otherwise :) xoxo

Laura said...

Congrats guys!! That is just awesome. I was wondering because I saw something on Leahs blog about you two comparing bellies. Now I know! I have 2 little boys - Brody is almost 3 and Beckett is 3 months...you will love it! But yes, nap while you can now!! lol

Chatter said...

Yeah!!!!! Congratulations to all of you. This is super exciting. I've been hoping for an announcement like this since I knew you were trying. Awesome, awesome!! Congrats again and enjoy every moment of it :)
hugs,
Chandra

Laura Williams said...

Congratualtions!!! Sorry I am behind on reading your blog. We are so excited for you! I still nap every chance I get with Taylor and she is almost 6 months old. Hope you are feeling better!