Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fair Warning

Because I tend to be a bit OCD about most things (except for cleaning - go figure), I've put tremendous pressure on myself when it comes to blogging. I tend to get anxious if I let even the tiniest detail of Alex's life go undocumented, as if the end of the world as we know it is soon approaching, and the only evidence of human existence that will survive the apocalypse will be the contents of this blog. As a result, it has turned into more of a chore than the enjoyable pastime and creative outlet that it once was. Don't get me wrong - it's totally worth it to keep all of our far-away friends and family in the loop and to document the ins-and-outs of Alex's babyhood. I will always treasure the memories I've created by keeping such a thorough record of our lives during this time.

That said, I think it's time to reinvent myself. It's been nineteen months and 387 posts since I started this blog back in December of '06, and twelve of those months have been wholly dedicated to Alex's every move. Not to fear, I would never consider doing anything as drastic or cruel or traumatic as depriving my loyal readers of their Alex fix. I do, however, intend to slow the pace a bit, to lower the unreasonably high expectations I've created by being such a diligent blogger thus far.

Whether I will really follow through with my plan to slow down remains to be seen. But now that Alex is a year old, I have made the resolution to get back to some of the things that I used to enjoy before I started spending every second of my life doting on him.

To that end, I have launched a new blog at chachke.blogspot.com that will feature a melange of design-related stuff that I feel is worth mention. Most of the people who visit Baby Evans know me personally in some capacity, but I think this site may provide a little more insight into who I am and what inspires me (other than Alex, of course). So if you ever get sick of "Sarah the Mom" and have any interest in "Sarah the Designer" - or if you just plain ol' like cool stuff - stop in at Chachke and let me know what you think.

No comments: