Tuesday, November 13, 2007

At Least He's Got a Spare...

We spent last evening at Seth and Joy's where the boys read some books and the grown-ups pondered the meaning of life. Eventually Oliver went to bed and Alex was sick of listening to us talk - apparently he already figured out the meaning of life and found our discussion to be foolish tripe - so he went to sleep too.

I awoke to Alex's whining and grunting this morning, and when I went in to get him out of bed, this is what I found:

One day of semi-mobility and already he's gotten himself in trouble. Should I be worried about this? Anyway, I unlodged his arm and luckily it still worked just fine. I think the novelty will probably wear off, but for now, I seriously can't put him down for more than a second without him rolling onto his stomach.



We spent today at home doing pretty much nothing, but somehow I am still exhausted. I think I'm on the verge of a cold, so I sucked down several rounds of nasty carbonated vitamin C concoctions and tried not to kiss Alex too much. Alex, Murph, and I pretty much just lounged around the house and kept each other company.

I told Alex that Grammy and Auntie L think he might be teething. He tried to see for himself, to no avail...

Before he went to bed tonight, we tried the rice cereal thing again. Our initial success with it was no fluke because again, he took to it like a champ. The hardest part is trying to keep his hands out of the way because he is very insistent on holding the spoon and feeding himself. Getting the spoon in is easy enough - he just can't seem to stop and ends up gagging himself. And that kind of defeats the whole purpose, huh?


2 comments:

Joy said...

cute, cute baby! i couldn't stop laughing at the arm-hanging-out-of-the-bed pictures :) too funny!

leah said...

cutest kid EVER!!!