Thursday, August 28, 2008

Saturday night with Granny B

I took so many pictures when my mom was here this past weekend and we did so many fun things that I want to write about that I'm gonna have to break her visit into several posts. I mean, for crying out loud, she was only here for three days. I think I might need professional help.

Anyway, she got in town Saturday afternoon, during Alex's nap, so Timothy picked her up from the airport. We hung out at the house for a while and went to dinner at Bubba's, a greasy spoon serving the likes of fried chicken, hot buttered rolls, and chicken and dumplings. Alex and I shared grilled chicken strips, mashed potatoes, and green beans, although he spent most of his time flirting with the lady in the both across from us. And although she couldn't have been less than seventy-five years of age, she was one of the most adorable old grannies you'd ever lay eyes on, with a cute bob haircut and a hip denim jacket with funky buttons that I totally would've picked out myself. I'm telling you, the kid knows how to pick 'em. She was flattered by the attention and chatted with him while she ate, and when she left, she commented about how good-natured and happy he is. He was totally bummed that she was leaving and watched her as she walked through the restaurant and out the door. As she walked by the window of the restaurant toward her car, she peeked in and waved one final goodbye to Alex before she left, which totally made his day.

And after all that talk and comments about pictures, I failed to get a picture of Alex and his septuagenarian girlfriend. Shame on me.

The only thing we had time for once we got home for dinner was to give Alex a bath and put him to bed. I did get a few pictures of that, although they aren't the best ones I've ever taken. I promise to make up for the lack of good pictures in the next post...

No comments: