Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Preschool

Alex has officially been a preschooler since September 8th. He is loving school and is in a class
with several old friends and lots of new ones. If you ask him what he likes best about preschool, he will immediately tell you that his favorite part is "playing". If I give him "The Look", he might humor me and say that his other favorite part is "learning". Further prodding might reveal that he loves music class, doing science experiments, and the Reading Corner.

He is quickly learning that the consequences for breaking rules in preschool are a little different than the ones in Mother's Day Out, and hopefully he will get tired of sitting at a table by himself very soon. Hands are for hugging, son. But his teacher otherwise describes him as very smart, engaged, and sweet, so that's gotta count for something.

He goes to school on MWF from 9-12, which is hardly enough time for me to blow my nose before I have to go back to pick him up, not to mention the fact that Isaac has to be fed during that time. But we both get a little break from each other, which, believe me, we both appreciate.

3 comments:

momboe said...

Oh- he is so grown up! I can't wait to hear all about every day when I get there!

momboe said...

How much backpack does a pre-schooler need?

Tracy Boettcher said...

That last comment should be attributed to me. Sorry.