Friday, October 29, 2010

Texas State Fair 2010

It's already that time of year again - Texas State Fair time. Grammy and Poppa came up from Eldo so they could go with us, along with Chris, Leah and "baby" Charlee. We don't get to see Charlee that often, and although they didn't end up going to the fair with us, Alex did get to spend some quality time with his cuz.

Yes, that's Charlee with two big handfuls of Alex hair. When Alex whined about it, I tried to explain to him what "karma" means.

It was Isaac's first year at the fair, of course, and I had the brilliant idea to put him in the big stroller without the infant carrier. It was brilliant because it meant he could sit up and look around at everything going on at the fair, which meant he would stay happy longer. What I didn't take into account was that the double stroller doesn't recline much, so he was forced to nap sitting up. Whoopsie daisy.

Thank goodness for my sweet, easygoing baby.

While Isaac was being sweet and easygoing, Alex was trying out all of the fair rides. First, he and I rode the bumper cars together. It was a tight fit with the two of us in that little car, let me tell ya. And looking at these pictures, I'm pretty sure a family of four could feast for a month on one of my flabby arms. I digress...

After some bashing and crashing, it was Grammy's turn to ride with A. He picked the "Monster Trucks" and was psyched to see that the blue one was empty because blue is his current color obsession.

Onto the roller coaster.

Alex was big enough to go on some of the rides by himself this year, which sort of freaked me out. I was afraid that he'd panic and want off the ride, and I had Godzilla-like visions of myself stomping over the guardrails and ripping the ride apart with my bare hands to save him.

Luckily that didn't happen. He rode the race cars and the four wheelers by himself and loved every minute of it.

Last stop was the petting zoo.

We were pretty much beat after that and headed home to get ready for our next big event of the day, Charlotte's birthday party. Coming soon...

1 comment:

grammy said...

What a fun, fun, weekend it was!