Wednesday, July 22, 2009

deep thoughts: multi-tasking

The girl manning the drive-thru at our local McDonald's can ring up my two egg McMuffins, sugar-free iced coffee, sausage burrito, hash brown, and large coffee with three Splenda and two cream, read my order back to me, and give me my total, all while collecting money from, chatting with, and counting change for the person at the window ahead of me. I can't even write an email and eat breakfast at the same time. Who says "burger-flipping" is a menial job?

2 comments:

vicki said...

The next time you go will you PLEASE ask her to come and train the help at our McDonald's? I have to repeat my order three times and all I want is a medium vanilla iced coffee and I'M THE ONLY ONE in the drive thru !!!!!!!!!!!

momboe said...

Ya know, I've thought that very same thing! Hardee's is a whole nother world...