Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Easter '10

I know, I know, Easter was, like, two months ago, blah, blah, blah, but my choices are to post these pictures now or not at all, so here goes.

This year, instead of doing a "traditional" Easter egg hunt, the Easter Bunny left Alex a series of clues that contained riddles he had to solve in order to find each of his eggs and baskets. It was super fun and Alex loved it, so if the Easter Bunny agrees, I think this may become a new tradition for the Evans family. I had Timothy take video of the event (which I haven't uploaded yet, of course) because I was too busy reading clues and running from room to room with A to take any pictures. I wanted to post some pictures of the clues so the whole scenario would make more sense (which is the main reason this post has been on the back burner for so long), but I never got around to taking any. And that's the story of my life these days...

We were running late after all of that morning's shenanigans and had to rush off to church before we could get any pics of A in his Easter clothes. We convinced him to pose for a few when we got back, just so we'd have some record of the day. By that point, he was hungry, tired, and not entirely cooperative as evidenced by his grumpy face. But hey, beggars can't be choosy.

His mood improved a little when we let him show off one of his Easter basket finds.

It was a good Easter, and I wish I had posted about it earlier so I could remember more details. Maybe I'll do better next year. Ya know, when I have two kids to chase around...

No comments: