Monday, April 23, 2007

Ready For My Closeup

After several torturous months of waiting impatiently for its arrival, this weekend I finally had my preggo photo shoot!! My mom drove down from Peoria and my sister Rachel flew into NWA Friday afternoon and converted my home into a virtual photography studio. To refresh - my sister is a professional photog, so I am totally taking advantage of her skills (and the professional photog equipment that she has acquired). Mom's role encompassed multiple responsibilities, including, but not limited to: photographer's assistant, hair smoother, dog sitter, snack getter, wardrobe fixer, belly painter, idea giver, and general moral support provider. Although the model and photographer receive most of the credit when it comes to these things, no photo shoot would be a success without those providing behind-the-scenes support. Thanks ma!!

Friday night, after fulfilling our carb cravings at Noodles, we took some time to devise our game plan. Starting Saturday morning, we spent the rest of the weekend - the entire weekend - taking pictures. I'm talking wardrobe changes, background changes, location changes, props, lighting effects - the whole shebang. We ended up with so many pictures, it took just about as long to look at them as it did to take them. Let me put it to ya this way - we "narrowed down" the collection to our favorites, which ended up being 370 pictures. We estimate that we shot somewhere around 800 in total. You can imagine how wiped out we all were after this endeavor. I will be doing some additional cuts to the collection tonight to determine which are album worthy, which I anticipate will be quite the task. Tune in tonight for a sneak preview of the final collection...

2 comments:

Weems World said...

Can't wait to see them! I'm sure they'll be great.

leah said...

bring them on......i cant wait any longer!!! btw...love that purse ;)