Saturday, May 12, 2007

Belly Dancing

Geez, this baby is really starting to affect my productivity. I've been feeling quite Napoleanic lately as I spend most of the day with my hand(s) on my belly so as not to miss a single movement. And things must be getting seriously crowded in there, because when he moves, my entire belly jerks violently from one side to other, often threatening to pull me out of my chair or propel me into a wall as I'm walking. And now, as he's gotten bigger, I can feel actual baby parts as opposed to unidentified lumps and bulges. There have been times that I have felt what is quite obviously an arm or leg pressing up against my insides, which, to be honest, totally freaks me the heck out. Seriously, after that happens, my typical reaction is to immediately remove my hands from the area and throw them in the air (Arrested Development fans, picture the "no touching!!" gesture that occurs frequently during the prison scenes), remaining still and in wide-eyed astonishment for several minutes before regaining my composure, resuming my hands-on-belly-position, and waiting for the whole episode to occur again. While totally freaky, it's also awesome and amazing and definitely makes me ready to meet little Alex and see those little arms and legs instead of just feeling them...

1 comment:

grammy said...

Hey Sarah, I was just sitting at my desk saying a prayer for y'all as you start to head toward Peoria and thought I would check the blog and found this post. Reading it brings back many wonderful memories of Timothy and Leah moving around looking for just the right position. I'm telling you, it is a feeling you never fortget!. We had such a fun time last weekend and I echo Amy's comments about your wonderful friends. What special and beautiful people they are. Y'all have a fun time in Peoria, tell everyone hello and can't wait to see the "stuff" when you get back. Love ya, Grammy