Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me, cont'd.

Holy cow, Alex has slept more today than since he was born! He napped for a total of seven hours today, twice sleeping past his typical feeding times. His schedule was so funky by the afternoon that his typical nap at three-thirty didn't happen until five-thirty, which somehow turned into bedtime. He slept from five-thirty until eight, so I was conflicted about whether to let him wake up and do his typical bedtime routine or to feed him and put him back down for the night. I decided the latter might be a safer bet, but we'll see if that decision kicks me in the butt when he wants to start his day at 3am...

Although I did start to miss my baby because he was asleep half the day, my birthday did continue to be wonderful. I got a lot of blogging done and some other things that I have been too time-deprived to work on. I also received a big package in the mail that made my day. My mommy and daddy sent a freestanding porch swing that I have been wanting, which I will put on the back patio so Alex and I can swing together during the day. There are days when he and I are both itching to get out of the house, but on days when a car trip seems too daunting, we can retreat to the backyard and swing our stir-craziness away...

No comments: