Monday, September 17, 2007

Operation Cry It Out

So we have been implementing Operation Cry It Out over the last couple of days and it seems to be going pretty well. I don't know if Alex will say the same if you ask him, but that is my assessment. Morning naps usually go pretty well. He might cry for fifteen minutes or so but will often sleep for over an hour, as compared to the twenty or thirty minute catnaps that he had been taking before. Afternoon naps...not so good. I usually end up giving in and holding him so he doesn't get too overtired to sleep at bedtime, and as a result, bedtimes have been pretty good on the whole. If only his little belly could hold more than three hours worth of milk!!

Grammy and Papa took advantage of the lovely weather this past weekend and rode the hog up from Eldo. We were merciful and didn't make Grammy listen to Alex cry...this time. The Hogs played football on Saturday, so Grammy and Papa hung out with Alex while Timothy and I had some alone time...with the rest of the diners at Logan's Steakhouse, that is. Alex's Great Granddad Poppo used to live in northern Arkansas, so he called in some favors and scored Alex some awesome Razorback gear to wear during the game. We are working on getting him to call the Hogs. His "soooiiieeee!!!" is still a little weak, but it will come with time...

2 comments:

Hillary said...

LOVE IT!! I need some gear for Wilson--let me know where I can get it!!

leah said...

I hate it, but I just have the cutest nephew EVER!!! Love love love the 2nd picture....he acutally looks like he has some meat on his bones :) And ofcourse the hog ones will be great torture as he gets older! :) I want to see him (and you guys) soon.....very very soon!!!