Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Alex decided to be a sweet boy for my birthday and dropped a midnight feeding last night! Normally I am up two times with him after I put him to bed, but last night, he slept right through his second feeding! As usual, he got his bath at 7:00, I nursed him and gave him a bottle, and by 7:50 he was in bed and asleep without a bit of protest. He slept until 1:18am, nursed, then went back to sleep. He woke up for the morning at 5:00am and we started the day. Hopefully this means he is well on his way to sleeping all night!

His naps are getting better as well! The last two days, he went down for his early morning nap without fussing at all and slept for an hour and a half each time. His second nap doesn't usually come as easily, but once he is finally asleep, he often sleeps way past his typical eating time. I hate for him to get so far off of schedule, so it is so tempting to wake him. I know, I know, never wake a sleeping baby...Ah, the irony. I finally get him to sleep well and now he sleeps too much! I guess he's making up for the first two months...

I can't complain, though. He's taken such great strides recently and I am so proud of him. He'll even fall asleep in our arms without much of a fight, which has made life easier in general, but particularly when we want to go somewhere that doesn't have an exercise ball!

2 comments:

Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!! Hope your day continues to be wonderful.

Joy said...

Happy Birthday, Auntie Sarah!!!!! You're the best godmommy ever. I love you!
Love, Oliver