Thursday, April 17, 2008

Paybacks...

As demonstrated in my last post, kids are apt to challenge your patience and threaten your sanity on a daily - or sometimes hourly - basis. Every once in a while, however, God gives us the opportunity to have a little fun and get something in return, a reward of sorts for our hard work and headaches and our unconditional love and affection, which we lavish despite what those little boogers spring on us.

In this case, the reward comes at Alex's expense, but after yesterday's "eat everything" escapades, I feel much less guilty about taking advantage of this "opportunity" and am enjoying it even more now than I did before.


2 comments:

leah said...

You are right.....that is sooooo much more fun the second time around!! Hehehehe amazingly enough even better than in person! LOVE IT!!

Chad, Shara, and Kayla said...

That was wrong!!! but funny. I don't think Kayla would have gone back for seconds. I am trying the same NUK sippy cup that Alex is using and she is just not interested. She threw a fit today when I offered her milk in it. My sister suggested starting with a more free flowing nipple on the bottle. Maybe I'll do that first. Thanks for the advice. We need to have a play date soon. When are ya'll moving?