Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Day in the Life - July 31, 2007

Alex finally got to meet Uncle Nick today! The two of them hit it off right away - we were very impressed at what a natural Uncle Nick was with him, although we have yet to convince him to change a dirty diaper...

Other than hanging with Uncle Nick, he did his usual eating, sleeping and pooping routine, with a little fussing thrown in.

Putting him down in his own bed at night is still our biggest challenge. He still loves to sleep in our bed - aka hates sleeping anywhere else - and lets us know it all night long. Although I am willing to give in to his whims around 2 a.m., Timothy refuses to sleep in the same bed with him for fear of the "roll-over". Unfortunately between Tim, Alex, and Murphy, dad is the one that gets the short end of the stick and ends up sleeping on the couch or floor (as was the case the last two nights). But I think he has determined that sleeping on the floor is better than not sleeping at all...

4 comments:

Joy said...

baby yawns are the cutest! that first picture is priceless - love it!

Katie Breshears said...

He is so cute and seems to be getting more so every day! I love the last picture. I know what you mean though about the rollover. Even though we don't have a baby yet, Scott and I usually end up sleeping on the tiniest portion of the bed so that we don't break an Iggie leg! I miss you guys already, but I'm glad you are continuing to post. See you when you get back!

grammy said...

Ok, I know they are paying me to work but lately they are paying me to sit at my desk and look at Alex! All I can do is ohh, ahh, uhh. I think he changes in every picture. He is so, so sweet. I love the family picture w/the stroller. Murphy is standing so proud, just like his mommy and daddy!!!! Love and miss y'all. Huges and kisses to everyone and oh yeah, thanks for the blog, it's saving my life and all those around me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weems World said...

darling pics-growing up so fast!
by the way-has anyone ever told you that you look like Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical on Disney)?