Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fun With Bea and Pea

While I hate to wish away any minute with Alex, the more interactive he becomes, the more I ache to find out what he'll do next. He reacts to so many things now and has really started to develop a personality that extends beyond the stubborn and willful behaviors (inherited from his mother, apparently) that he has exhibited for sometime. He has always been focused and studious, but he has started to become more deliberate in his actions. In the mornings, he usually spends some waketime playing in his bouncer, which has a bee and a panda rattle (which we've named Bea and Pea, respectively) attached to the sides. When I put him in it, I usually take his hands and make him feel the toys, hoping that he'll eventually make the connection between his hands and his sense of touch. The last couple of mornings, he has started to reach for them on his own and seems to be exploring the different textures. At least that's my interpretation. I caught a bit on video so that I can better evaluate his true intentions:

He's also very active when he's in his swing, only he can't touch the toys so he just smiles and laughs at them. Sometimes he puts his arm up as if to reach for them, but that could be purely coincidence. I don't think so, but you be the judge...

Despite these new discoveries, Alex is still quite taken with random, seemingly unremarkable things like unmoving ceiling fans and blank walls. Go figure...

No comments: