Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nudey Booty

Alex and I were hanging out yesterday and we decided that it was time for his second photo shoot. We're hoping Auntie Rach (the professional) will come soon and do a real one, but for now we'll have to settle. Although I do have to pat my own back and toot my own horn because I think they turned pretty good considering I am an amateur photog at best. Or it could just be that I think my baby is the cutest one on earth and that even pictures of him puking or peeing (see below) are adorable...

I suggested we take some pics of him frolicking through a field, or maybe posing in front of some Fayetteville landmarks, but he told me that those concepts were a little too innocent and "babyish" for his taste and insisted we do boudoir shots instead. I was going to just post a few of the best ones and put the rest on Flickr, but I couldn't decide which ones to post, so you're gonna get 'em all. Bear with me...

The black and white are always my favorite - somehow they look so swanky when you take the color out of 'em. But I've got some color ones that I think are pretty decent too. Voila...

You forget how disproportionate a baby's head is to its body until you see pics like this. No wonder being able to hold that thing up is such a celebrated achievement...

If you look closely at the first picture, you'll see why Alex has a "relieved" expression on his face. It's funny how having a baby makes you care less about petty things, like getting pee all over your expensive white blanket.

Oh yeah, and spit up too. Nope, don't care. Cute, huh? I only hope he will forgive me when he's thirteen and these pictures surface...

2 comments:

leah said...

YEAH FOR YOU!!! These pics are (tony the tiger) grrrrrrreat!! You did a wondermous job!! The pee and spit are great too!! Oh yeah, when he grows up he will love all of these. I have to ask: is he the longest baby ever or what??? I mean I know he is an Evans with the long arms and legs, but still. Thats craziness!!! You gotta frame some of these!!

Tracy Boettcher said...

What's with the Hank Hill butt?