Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Great Escape

Apparently the life of luxury that Alex has been leading is simply not meeting his standards because Tuesday afternoon, he decided to run away.

I was doing laundry, and Alex's job when I'm doing laundry is to bang toys against the front door as loud as he can so that Murphy will bark as loud as he can which makes me want to bang my head into the wall as hard as I can.

I left the washer running and went to get dirty clothes to put into it. From the bedroom, I could hear that Alex had stopped banging and Murphy had stopped barking and assumed that the two of them would soon make their way into the bedroom. But then Alex resumed his banging and Murphy resumed his barking, and I went back into the hall so that I could tell them to stop. Only Alex wasn't in the hall.

The banging was coming from outside of the front door. Nonetheless, I kept looking around the apartment as if Alex was going to appear. Finally, I realized that Alex was the one banging on the door from the outside, that he had finally managed to open the door on his own, where he would have free range to roam the apartment complex on his own, at will. Luckily, this time, he decided not to stray far from home.

I opened the door and there he stood, looking up at me like, "It's about time you let me in". As soon as I let him back inside, he went right back to the door to attempt escape yet again. That time, I was able to capture it on film.



Fortunately, he can't reach the lock yet, so I have been able to keep him from running away for good. However, I am bound to forget to lock it one of these days. I'm thinking of writing our address on his back with a permanent marker in case he escapes, with hopes that whoever finds him will send him back to us.

No comments: