Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bouncing Baby Boy

I gotta tell ya, Alex has been really diligent lately when it comes to his workout routine and diet. He'll do a couple raw eggs for breakfast and protein shakes twice a day, and has finally perfected his form on both the squat thrust and one-armed push-up. He has worked really hard to bulk up those formerly skinny legs, and although he's been progressing in leaps and bounds (pun intended), he has not quite achieved the definition that his trainer was hoping for. His trainer suggested he invest in a jumperoo to really work those quads and try to create some more pronounced striations in his calves.

So when we went to the Babies 'R' Us in Kansas City last weekend, we risked cootie infection to let Alex give the ol' Rainforest Jumperoo a try. He was too tired for a full workout, but we were able to determine that the Rainforest model would be effective at targeting the appropriate muscle groups. Grandpa B set various leg press records in his high school days and was pretty enthused about the prospect of Alex following in his footsteps, so he was more than happy to contribute by purchasing him this piece of equipment.



The first few days of training were a little rough. He was pretty sore and had to take things kind of slow to avoid straining anything. But by the end of the week, he was able to break through the wall and is now a jumping pro.



At this rate, he will be a shoe-in for the Little Mr. Universe title by winter...

3 comments:

leah said...

love love love that last picture!! Mickey mouse says he loves the shirt ;-) Gotta see my boy....can I come up there today???

Emily said...

YEA for the Jumeroo!! I hope Alex loves it as much as Quinn does or should I say, I hope you love it as much as I do!! He is getting so big...I love his smile and his facial expressions. Can't wait to see you guys tonight!

Emily said...

I meant, YEA for the Jumperoo. (forgot to proof-read) I don't know what a Jumeroo is :)