Saturday, March 8, 2008

Standing tall, a close call

I went in to get Alex after his nap this morning and here's what I found.

I knew this day would come, I just, sniff, didn't think it would happen so soon. Little Alex, standing up in his crib, with the worst case of bed head in the history of the world.

Timothy and I anticipated this event (the standing, at least - no one could've predicted that hairdo) and lowered his mattress to its lowest position about a month ago. Since my hands don't hang below my knees, I have to lower the side of the crib to put him in bed. On many occasions, I have forgotten to raise the side afterwards, but fortunately he didn't choose any of those times to stand up on his own. Needless to say, I'm glad I remembered to do it before his nap this morning, because if he had fallen out of his crib and crawled over to greet me as I opened the door, I think I would've peed on myself. And maybe a little on him, too.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

wow, I am telling you what, that Alex is going to be walking before you know it. I can't believe how fast he is developing. I am beginning to think Wilson will never crawl!! Now is when the fun starts for you.